We are delighted that you are considering the Lake Champlain Waldorf School. Our admissions process is an opportunity for you, your child and the faculty to get to know one another and discover whether the educational programs at LCWS will meet the needs of your student and the expectations of your family.
To begin the admissions process, we invite you to explore our website. You can then attend an Open House or an Observation Morning. Then call the Admissions Office, (802)985-2827 ext. 12 to schedule a tour of the school and a one-on-one conversation with the Admissions Director, Pam Graham.
Next, you can submit a completed application including:
- A $50 non-refundable application fee (Check can be made out to LCWS)
- A recent photo of your child
- Previous school records and student evaluations (if applicable)
- If you are applying for tuition adjustment, please fill out the SSS application along with your school application before February 1 for the following school year.
- After receiving your application, the Admissions Director will contact you. We schedule interviews starting in the early winter for the following school year. There are a few afternoon play times scheduled in the winter and early spring, for your student and you to have an experience in one of the early childhood classrooms.
We will notify you of our decision within two weeks of the completed admissions process. Within two weeks of acceptance, you enroll your student by submitting a signed enrollment agreement and a tuition deposit.
When our early childhood programs are full, we start a waiting pool. We consider the order in which the applications are received, if the student has a sibling already enrolled in the school, if the student’s parent is a teacher in the school, and if the student is transferring from another Waldorf school. In order to maintain a healthy class dynamic, we may also need to give consideration to the age of a child to fill a class opening.
Please note: The Preschool/Kindergarten program is typically full for the year once school has started in the fall. A few spots may open up during the year due to a child leaving a class, but it is rare. Please let the Admissions Director Pam Graham know if you would like to be considered for mid-year enrollment.
K-8 Application Form (PDF ~ 139.32Kb)