Parents and grandparents are an invaluable part of our school—bringing the warmth and solidity that supports and strengthens the work of our teachers, and helping to create a meaningful community in which our students grow and thrive.
We welcome your generosity and involvement in whatever way you feel would best suit you. There are many ways to get involved:
• Assisting in the classrooms, on field trips, and with special events.
• Getting involved in parent education workshops and activities.
• Welcoming and mentoring new families to the school.
• Helping with our festivals and fundraising events.
• Sharing your strengths and expertise through active participation on a variety of committees.
• Writing an article for Our Voice our weekly newsletter.
• Taking photographs! We are always looking for great shots of our students, faculty and community.
• Joining the Parent Handwork group that makes felted animals, toys and other beautiful items for our annual Holiday Fair.
• Becoming a fan of our LCWS Facebook page—where you can share ideas, view photos, and receive last minute updates about events and activities.
Many friendships begin with a crafts workshop or a committee meeting, and our children always benefit when parents are involved. If you’re looking for ways to be more involved in the school, please stop by the Development Office and let’s talk.